I have recently posted about my blogging goals for 2017, but with a huge sigh of relief, as we wave goodbye to 2016, I thought it would be nice to write about my 20 wishes for 2017 as I was kindly tagged by Hayley at Devon Mama.
I love writing posts like this every now and again because it gives me a chance to get to know a little more about other bloggers and also because it gives me a change to find out more about myself. A way of really evaluating my life and what I like or dislike. I like to put a lot of thought into these things as it can be very cathartic.
My Five Family Wishes
- I really hope that come September of this year Pinky starts school and settles quickly. I know it is going to be a huge phase of adjustment and I am expecting it to be a difficult for her because she can shy away from new things at first.
- On the same note of schools I hope Pinky gets offered a place in one of our top choices. The schools are so over subscribed in our area there are no guarantees.
- I want to spend more quality time together at the weekends as a family of four. Often we can be really exhausted by Saturday but even if it is just a nice walk I want to make that time special. Days out and about are so much nicer than being sat at home. Not that our time at home is wasted, we bake, we do puzzles, we read. I would simply like us to get out and about more. The girls are both at such good ages to make the most of this too.
- I would like Hubby and I to spend more time together just the two of us. This is a hard one to do with kids but it is all about making the best of the situation you are in. I wrote about our Date Nights before and much of that is about making a particular evening (Friday for us), when the TV stays off, phones get put down, we have a meal without the girls and we chat about our weeks. We are usually asleep by 10pm as we are both so exhausted from our respective busy weeks but it is special time where we concentrate on each other. I want to do more of that, perhaps start a monthly date night where we actually go out. This is HUGELY dependant on my in-laws though so it may be unfair to suggest.
- I want to spend more time with Perky when Pinky is at preschool/school. Perhaps start a toddler group such as dancing or music we can do together.
My Five Personal Wishes
- I want to be more confident in myself. I know most people who know me will see me as a fairly confident person but that isn’t always the case. I want to feel less anxious about how people perceive me and just be me. If people don’t like it they don’t have to stick around.
- I want to worry less. I take a lot of things to heart and waste my time thinking about things and people that aren’t worth thinking about. I think it is natural to worry about certain things; finances, the children’s health, my parenting ability. But these things can take up 100% of my brain capacity some days and that isn’t OK.
- I want some more ‘me’ time and when I get it, I want to enjoy it. I don’t want to spend the little time I get sat on the sofa wondering what to do with myself.
- I want to try and keep a couple plants alive this year. I could very genuinely kill a cactus and I would like to rectify this if possible!
- I want to perfect my ‘style’. I have quite a mismatch of clothes at the moment, which is fine, but not all of it feels very ‘me’ anymore.
My Five Blog Wishes
- I want to go self-hosted. I have been putting this off as I wasn’t sure what I wanted or how to go about it properly with minimal hiccups but I think I am ready now.
- I want to be more focused with my writing and have a few more posts scheduled so I can organise myself.
- I want to start utilising social media a bit better with promoting the blog. I am already exploring scheduling tools and seeing which ones I like the most.
- I want to get to grips with Vlogging. Especially in regards to my baking.
- I want to push my boundary’s and see what happens.
My Five Hopes and Wishes for the Year
- I want this year to be less of a rollercoaster. We had some huge highs last year; we stayed at Claridge’s for my birthday for example. But with those huge highs came huge lows!
- I hope we can stick to our goal of ‘being bold’. It is something Hubby and I both agreed we would do. Try and do more things that make us nervous and uncomfortable… Aim high.
- Ok this is a cheesy one and completely out of character for me…. Each year Hubby and I get closer and closer. We have our good and bad days but at the end of it all I am happier now that I have ever been and that increases all the time. I want that to continue throughout this year too.
- I want to help Hubby find a hobby. He has played golf and it has always helped him relax. He is working so hard now to support us as a family I am conscious that as much as I need a break he does too. I find baking very therapeutic; I want him to have a regular escape too.
- I want the girls to continue to be the best of friends. They are so close and love each other so much. They comfort each other when needed and they are each other’s rock. I want that to continue to grow.
So those are my wishes for 2017. I hope you enjoyed reading them. I would love to know what you wish for the most this year….
Amy at The Smallest of Things
Sarah at Ups and Downs Smiles and Frowns
Maria at Happy Mummy
Rachel at Coffee Cake Kids
Jess at Tantrums to Smile
Kayleigh at Little B and Me
Bethany at Being Mummy
Samantha at Bespoke Buckley
Nicola at I am Crabstix
Ruth at Top Five Mum (I thought as the sections were split into five this would appeal to you) X